Starting from the moment he gets down on his knees and asks you to be his partner for life; for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, and what not, tying the knot with your loved one is a beautiful journey all along. On d-day, the biggest, most important elements are the wedding rings, besides of course, the bride and the groom. Couples spend a whole lot of money on getting the most gorgeous rings for their other halves. And hey, what better than having something to take you back to the day every time you look at it? The creative ones of the lot know that engraved rings can add to the experience and be an everlasting emblem of their never-ending love and commitment. Contrary to the common misconception, engravings do not necessarily have to be restricted to being those of names. They can be of numerous things; phrases, expressions, dates or anything the two of you hold dear or special to your relationship.
Gullei.com takes immense pleasure in providing you with plenty of ideas for your engraving venture. The ever so beautiful custom of inscribing romantic poetry onto wedding rings began in the courts of medieval Europe, and since these rings are more than just rings, the tradition goes on. Wedding rings can have some of the very optimistic etchings, all referring to love, trust, faith, promises, fidelity and adoration we shower on one’s chosen marriage partner. Here are some of our favorite picks for your wedding ring etchings:
- Use your first initials – “H&T forever”
- Use your private nicknames for each other – “Sugarball”, “Mickey”
- Use the date of your wedding, first date etc.
- Use your first initials along with the date – “H&T 3/4/2012”
- Use an excerpt from your wedding vows – “Till death do us part”
- Use the infinity symbol ∞
- Use Mr. and Mrs. – “Mr. Sean”, “Mrs. Sean”
- Vintage wedding rings with short love poems
- Rotating “Crypto” Wedding Ring
- Matching Half Heart Promise
- “Worth the wait”
- “Truly, madly, deeply”
- “A perfect fit”
- “I do!”
- “I do!” (hers)
- “Ditto.” (his)
- “Now and forever”
- “A fairytale”
- “For I’d found love” (his)
- “And love was you.” (hers)
- “My first and my only”
- “You and me…against the world”
- “Together Forever”
- “To have and to hold”
- “The Universe Unfolds”
- Quotes in other languages – “Je t’aime” (I love you – French) , “Il mio cuore e il tuo per sempre (My heart is yours forever — Italian) etc.
- Quotes in old English – “In thy breast my heart doth rest” etc.
- Something humorous – “Non-refundable”, “Don’t even think about it!” etc.
So when you’ve got your favorite rings picked out, take a step ahead and get them engraved to make them even more special. Engraving is a great way to personalize your rings for the big day. After all, your wedding ring is the single, most important piece of jewelry you will ever wear.
Here are some useful links for personalized rings: